Henderson, NY 13650
Email: [email protected]
The History & Genealogy Center & Museum is housed in 3 buildings: the former Universalist Church, Circa 1839 (with original 1910 Horwood stain-glass windows and church furniture), the 1807 Ray cabin (furnished with the items of Henderson settler families) and the Peters-Stevens Boat Annex, which displays 12 Henderson-made wooden work and recreation boats from 1890s to about 1940s. The collection has work by local artists as well as two Springsteen paintings and Springsteen’s collection of mathematical papers and drawings on site, Tyler coverlets, Indian and Pre-Iroquoian artifacts and period maps. Numerous educational programs are offered during the season.